Saturday, March 2, 2013

Alert! Our President mixed SF franchaise references!

I posted the following extremely important entry on facebook this afternoon, and then decided it should also be my first entry on my very first blog. I mean, like, if people refuse to Keep Watching the Skies for Things like they should, at least they should be alerted about this!

 Our President has sorely disillusioned me. Are you sitting down? Got a grip on something solid? Okay.

President Obama mixed SF franchaise references. And nobody seems to care!

He was explaining to the press that he was a president, not an emperor, with reference to not being able to change stuff without the approval of Congress, when he remarked that he could not change minds by using a "Jedi mind-meld."

I waited for someone to call him on this serious SF franchaise mix-up, but no one did.

What's the world coming to? The Leader of the Free World thought mind-melds were done by the Jedi?

Not only were those not the Droids he was looking for, they weren't the Vulcans, either.

I am crushed. All my hopes for the future are dashed. But I'll be okay. Don't worry. I'll pretend to be a Klingon piloting an X-Wing wearing a Serenity Red Shirt while humming a John Williams Star Trek theme. That'll do the trick. And dream of Ripley offing another Terminator.

4 comments:

  1. And what about Dr. Samuel Beckett accessing the time tunnel via the Stargate to save Captain Kirk from Jack the Ripper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did that happen in The Village where Napoleon Solo was hiding from Eric Flint because Bond was gone to a Funeral in Berlin?

      Delete
  2. I agree with You! You are so brave, Mr. Andersson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have since learned that others did notice this serious mix-up of franchise fictions...the word is getting out there...maybe it was intentional to see if anyone was paying attention...or maybe a new cross-bred hybrid franchaise will erupt like a volcano at the end of a Lost World movie!

      Delete